We are looking to get people on campus helping us over the year.
Some roles may be shared if we get more than one good applicant. We will also have lots of need for help on individual events over the year.
W.O.K.E Champion Volunteer Role Description
Please specify which role you are interested in when applying
The role will have a lot of autonomy, however to keep the project on track you will also be reporting to and working with, Roxy, Sophia and Ele over the year.
To assist in Keele’s #SheShouldRunKeele movement by encouraging, supporting and engaging with female and non-binary students/staff on campus. W.O.K.E Champion’s may also choose an area of specialist representation in which they have personal/professional experience of, liaising specifically with any student/staff groups which identify under their umbrella of representation.
We are 100% volunteer led so unfortunately, we are unable to pay W.O.K.E champions, however, training and support will be provided throughout.
We hope that the role will be eligible to be recorded as a HEAR activity, but we are in the process of trying to sort this. We recognise this could limit availability of applicants and are looking into solutions for this. We also welcome suggestions and feedback.
- Regular communication with W.O.K.E co-runners.
- Assisting at events.
- Liaising with students/staff, to deliver information of the #SheShouldRunKeele campaign.
- Be a visible presence on campus.
- Write blog posts if and when desired.
- Putting up posters of events
- Sharing things on your social media
- Approachable, willing to listen and engage with respective audiences around campus on topics of interest to the campaign
- Commit to ensuring that knowledge of the specialist representation topic is kept up to date and in line with relevant sources of information
- Have a willingness to engage (as much as one is able) personally and professionally in topics which may be sensitive
- Interact with audiences in a way which is engaging and informative and understand any needs of the audience and deliver information accordingly
- Have the capacity to work using one’s own initiative but also as part of a team with other volunteers and W.O.K.E co-runners
- Willingness to challenge own privileges and develop self-awareness
How to apply?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know your personal/professional experience that makes you ideal for the role.