We are looking to get people on campus helping us over the year.
W.O.K.E Community Organizer Volunteer Role Description
Please specify which what skills you can bring and what you would like to work with us on
If you feel you can provide specialist representation: in any area including:
LGBT+/BME/Disability/Faith/Non-Binary/Trans/Mental Health let us know.
Working within WOKE comes with a lot of autonomy, however to keep the project on track you will also be reporting to and working with us as a group, we keep each other in check and make sure we aren’t missing key accessibility or liberation groups when we run events.
To assist in Keele’s #SheShouldRunKeele movement by encouraging, supporting and engaging with female and non-binary students/staff on campus. W.O.K.E Community Organizers may also choose an area of specialist representation in which they have personal/professional experience of, liaising specifically with any student/staff groups which identify under their umbrella of representation.
We are 100% volunteer led so unfortunately, we are unable to pay W.O.K.E champions, however, informal training and support will be provided throughout. You can also record the hours you do on your HEAR record through the SU.
- Regular communication with W.O.K.E co-runners.
- Assisting at events.
- Liaising with students/staff, to deliver information of the #SheShouldRunKeele campaign.
- Be a visible presence on campus.
- Write blog posts if and when desired.
- Putting up posters of events
- Sharing things on your social media
- Willingness to challenge own privileges and develop self-awareness
- Approachable, willing to listen and engage with respective audiences around campus on topics of interest to the campaign
- If you are providing specialist representation within WOKE, commit to ensuring that knowledge of the specialist representation topic is kept up to date and in line with relevant sources of information
- Have a willingness to engage (as much as one is able) personally and professionally in topics which may be sensitive
- Interact with audiences in a way which is engaging and informative and understand any needs of the audience and deliver information accordingly
- Have the capacity to work using one’s own initiative but also as part of a team with other volunteers and W.O.K.E co-runners
How to apply?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know your personal/professional experience that makes you ideal for the role.